Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The types of cookies used on this website fall into one of the four categories below:
1. Necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for our website to function properly and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you – for example, setting your privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
- Cookie control
2. Analytical cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us learn which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors navigate our site to help us with future improvements. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager: analytics.js and ga.js
- First party cookies. These cookies measure and record how you interact with and use our website content. Default expiry time: 2 years from set/update.
- Hotjar is a behavior analytics and user feedback service that helps us understand the behavior of our website users and get their feedback through tools such as heatmaps, session recordings, and surveys
3. Marketing cookies
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners to help us improve our response to business development. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
We currently do not use any marketing cookies.
4. Other cookies
- We use a third party service, MailChimp, to publish our newsletter and other communications. MailChimp will automatically place single pixel gifs, also known as web beacons, in every email sent by us. These are tiny graphic files that contain unique identifiers that enable us to recognise when you have opened an email or clicked certain links. These technologies record your email address, IP address, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign. MailChimp will use this data to create reports for us about how an email campaign performed and what actions subscribers took. You can read more about MailChimp cookies here.
5. How do I disable cookies?
Most web browsers will accept cookies automatically, but if you wish to opt out, and prevent cookie data from being stored on your computer, you can choose to reject cookies in your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout